Table of Contents:
Marriage License Requirements
Cost of a Marriage License
Process Time of a Marriage License
Marriages Solemnized by Clerk
All marriage licenses must be applied for in the State in which it is going to be performed. A marriage license can be obtained at any County Clerk’s Office in Utah.
There is not a waiting period before you can get married. Once you have purchased your marriage license, you can get married. However, the license is only valid for 32 days. If your marriage is not solemnized within 32 days from the purchasing date of the marriage license; the license will expire.
In the interest to save time while applying for the license, you may fill out the application and bring it with you when you come in; however, do NOT sign the license until in the presence of a clerk. We will direct you to sign the application after giving you the oath. To fill out and print a marriage license application, click here.
The following is required to obtain a marriage license:
Note: Both Parties must be present at the time of application.
- Full name, address, date and place of birth for both parties.
- The social security number of both parties, unless a party does not have a social security number.
- The names and birth places of the parents of both parties, including mother’s maiden name.
- Valid picture ID such as a drivers license, state ID card, or passport. A birth certificate is also acceptable.
Cost of a Marriage License:
The charge for a marriage license in Millard County is $40.00, which includes two certified copies of the license after you are married. Payment must be in the form of cash, money order, check, or for a 2.5%/$1.50 minimum fee you can pay using a credit card through our online system; secureinstantpayments.com. Payment with a credit card can be done before coming into apply for the license (bring proof of receipt), or you can do it at our office.
Top of Page
Process Time of a Marriage License:
The application process takes approximately 20 minutes, so we ask that you do not come after 4:30 p.m.. Millard County Clerk’s Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with the exception of Holidays.
Top of Page
Marriages Solemnized by Clerk:
The Millard County Clerk or her designee will solemnize marriages during normal business hours at the Millard County Clerk’s Office, by appointment only and the couple must provide two witnesses who are 18 years of age or older.
To make an appointment contact the Millard County Clerk’s Office.
Top of Page
- Western States Marriage Search will help you narrow your search for marriage license that were issued in the State of Utah. Marriage licenses are filed with the county that issued the license, which may be different from the county in which the ceremony took place. This Index shows the date range of marriage licenses for each of the counties in Utah. Phone numbers are included so that you can call the county to obtain a copy of the license, or to complete your search.
- Utah Office of Vital Records and Statistics.
- Information about researching very old marriage records is provided on the Utah History Research Center’s Marriage Records page (archives.utah.gov). For marriages that took place in states other than Utah, consult the Where to Write for Vital Records page (cdc.gov) for contact information.
- For more information on Marriage Licenses refer to the Utah Code: Title 30; Chapter 1; Sections 1-39.