The Millard County Wellness Committee was designed to help the employees of Millard County achieve better health. Healthy employees result in lower health insurance rates, which in turn helps with a lower County budget.
Millard County currently participates in wellness activities offered through its Health Insurance provider PEHP/Healthy Utah (see information below). We encourage all employees, as well as invite County citizens, to participate in any healthy activity that is offered on this page. Please note that citizens (not employed with Millard County) will not be allowed to participate in any drawings or any incentives offered by Healthy Utah. We apologize for this, but we would still encourage you to participate for a chance at better health.
Things provided by Millard County:
- Maps of Millard County’s Walking Paths
- Mini Exercise Band Ideas
- Healthy lifestyle apps: APPLE – ANDROID
- Sit for 60 Move for 3 Program – This Program was approved by Millard County in 2013
- Stay Fit 50 mile Club
- Stay Fit 50 Mile Club Walking Cards – This sheet is meant to be printed double sided so you can have four cards total.
- 50 Mile Club Conversion Chart
Healthy Utah Wellness Activities offered monthly and quarterly:
Click on the link of each activity to view more information:
Are you a full-time county employee? Do you want to earn an extra $400 a year? Click here to learn how!!
- Monthly Work Out Warrior
- Track your steps
- Step Conversion Chart
- Current WOW: Happy Hiking
- Monthly Health Challenge
- Current Challenge: Laughter’s No Joke
- Quarterly Webinar
- Current Webinar: Burnout, Fatigue, and what to do about it.
- Lighten Up
- An 8-week educational series of classes developed by our registered dietitians and exercise specialist to help on achieving the BMI improvement rebate and help you move toward a healthy lifestyle.
- Diabetes and You
- An email and webinar based class to help you gain valuable knowledge to assist you in making healthy choices, managing your diabetes, and improving your health.
- The Great Eight – Ways to improve your quality of life.
- Eat Right – Helpful tips for when you are eating out.
- Prediabetes – Preventing Type 2 Diabetes.
- Are you at risk for Type 2 Diabetes? Take this quiz.
Extra Classes & Resources:
- Take Charge
- An online class to help PEHP members prevent type 2 diabetes
- PEHP’s prenatal and postpartum program that helps expectant mothers have a healthy pregnancy, a safe delivery, and a healthy baby.
- Health Coaching
- If you have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher, you may qualify for PEHP Health Coaching. This lifestyle behavior change program provides education, support, rebates and encouragement to help you succeed in improving your health behaviors.
- Integrated Care
- PEHP Integrated Care takes a big-picture approach to your health, incorporating everything from wellness to pharmacy to education to complex care management. It’s for PEHP members who have diabetes, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, as well as other diseases and conditions.
- Quit Line
- Whether you are thinking about quitting, are not yet ready to quit, or have already quit, PEHP Quitline can help you with each step of the way.
*Disclaimer: Millard County participates in the wellness program provided by PEHP/Healthy Utah; therefore, most of the provided information is resourced from their website and can be found by clicking on the links provided.*