Beginning on May 4, 2022, new speeding laws in Utah took effect to help combat an increase in high speeds on Utah roads, including an increase in fines. To see the updated fine amounts click here: Fine/Fee Schedule
About the Justice Court
*ADA Notice: If you need special accommodations – including communication aids and services – during your proceeding, please call the Justice Court at least three days prior.
* Language Interpreter: The court will provide an interpreter upon request. If you need an interpreter, please notify the court at (435)743-6952 at least five days before the hearing.
Proper attire is required in the courtroom. No food, drink or gum chewing are allowed in the courtroom. No cell phones, pagers or other electronic devices are allowed in the courtroom except for court personnel, attorneys or law enforcement. The latter must turn off their electronic devices prior to entering the courtroom.
No firearms or weapons are permitted in the courtroom. All persons are subject to search. Persons in possession of weapons are subject to arrest. This rule does not apply to authorized law enforcement.
What We Do:
- Traffic Violations
- Traffic Court
- Arraignments/Status Hearings/Bench Trials for Class B Misdemeanors, Class C Misdemeanors, and Infractions
- Jury Trials for Class B and Class C Misdemeanors
- Bench Trials for Infractions
- Small Claim Filings up to $11,000.00
What We DON'T Do:
- Felonies/Class A Misdemeanors
- Traffic School
- Child Custody
- Juvenile Court Cases
- Name Changes
- Civil Cases over $11,000.00