Each individual soliciting is required to submit the following information, at the time of applying for a solicitor’s permit:
- Completed Solicitor License Application
- Fee ($25.00)
- Picture Identification (verification must be in person)
- A valid driver’s license issued by any State, or
- A valid passport issued by the United State, or
- A valid identification card issued by any State, or
- A valid identification issued by a branch of the United State Military
- A (2”x2”) photograph taken within 6 months immediately prior to the date of filing the application showing the head and shoulders of the applicant in a clear and distinguishing manner.
- Proof that the entity has registered with the Utah State Department of Commerce.
- Your State Sales Tax number or a special events sales tax number – Contact the Utah State Tax Commission at (801) 297-6303.
- List all other counties or municipalities in which the applicant has engaged in business, within the six (6) month period preceding the date of the application.
- If an applicant desires to sell fresh vegetables, fruits, meats or other foodstuffs, a statement by a licensed reputable physician of the state, dated not more than ten (10) days prior to submission of the application, certifying the applicant to be free of infectious, contagious, or communicable diseases.
- If the applicant is employed by another person, firm or corporation, provide the documents showing that the person, firm or corporation for which the applicant proposes to do business is authorized to do business within the state. (1988 Code § 4.24.040)
- Any other licenses, permits, registrations, or other qualifications required by federal or state law to promote, provide, or render advice regarding the offered goods or services.
- A BCI background check (or equivalent background check from the applicant’s home state if the applicant is not a Utah resident)